Stopwatch Meditation: Maximize Your Creative Visualizations in Minutes a Day
by Cassendre Xavier
I read in a book by Esther and Jerry Hicks (teachers of Abraham) once that suggested we hold a good feeling for 17 seconds for it to begin to manifest our desires.
I thought about how rare it is that I meditate in a formal way.
We often try, from time to time, to meditate on a regular basis. We set the timer for ten minutes, and we stare at the candle, or on the dot we’ve drawn on the paper and put on the wall according to the guru of that “free meditation class” that actually turned out to be a recruitment session for a cult. (Hypothetically speaking!)
We’re all so busy and maybe some of us have super fast moving brain thoughts and find it difficult to stay with even a very good feeling for very long.
I got the idea the other day to use the stopwatch feature of my mobile phone in meditation.
A few days prior to that I’d had an exceptionally positive experience of having a wonderful day filled with great circumstances and changes. These were all due to the fact that I’d spent just a few minutes getting myself to feel good and hold that good feeling as I visualized my improved and dream scenario of a life, career, love life, health, appearance, and adding value to the world while feeling fulfilled.
I imagined enriching the lives of others with my work, my music, and my writing, and especially my guided meditation recordings, which have really grown to hold a fond place in my heart.
Since then, I’ve been using my stopwatch for this exercise, and it has yielded amazing results!
The first day I meditated on good feelings and thoughts for over ten minutes. And yesterday, I went for 20 minutes before pausing to get my notebook and continue to over 48 minutes of these good feelings and visualizations as I wrote.
Time will tell how effective this exercise was, but I did already have a couple of things happen:
Later that day, I found an online live-streaming yoga class, through a website of one of my colleagues where I’ll soon be blogging (www.dodsonandross.com). I signed up and paid for the yoga class and was ready to roll out my yoga mat when the class started!
Then, this morning I spent the entire day uploading new ebooks of my writing to be available to my readers immediately.
I feel more positive and energized than ever, and all blocks to my progress feel like they’re being removed more quickly than before.
So, I invite you to try this exercise of the stopwatch meditation.
It’s different than setting a clock for 10 or 20 minutes. You can think about whatever you want, or nothing at all, but the best way I found to use it is to get to a wonderful feeling place and hold that, allowing all related and burgeoning thoughts to flow to and through you.
1) Check out Shakti Gawain’s book “Creative Visualization” for great ideas on how to meditate on a desired result. www.shaktigawain.com
2) Books and articles by Esther & Jerry Hicks at www.Abraham-Hicks.com teach and originated The Law of Attraction concepts. They also teach the importance of having the same vibration as that which you desire, and that the longer you hold this vibration, the more quickly you will draw it to you, or rather, actualize and become it.
3) Arielle Ford (www.soulmatesecret.com) teaches and coined “feelingizations”, which is basically the importance of visualization plus feeling. Imagine how you’ll feel when you have what you want, then hold that feeling for as long as you can, which will be longer if you use a stopwatch!
4) Keep a journal and pen/pencil nearby as you do this exercise. You never know what will come up while you’re feeling so good minute after minute.
5) Invite the angels and your spirit guides (God/Goddess/Spirit/The Universe, etc.) to join, lead, and form your thoughts and feelings as you continue moving higher and higher into the light of love, abundance, and possibility.
Wishing you all the very best results and that you share them with others!
Cassendre Xavier has worked as a multi-media healing artist since 1991 and as an ordained Priestess of the Creative, Healing, and Sensual Arts since 2010. An Interfaith Minister of the Universal Life Church of Modesto, California sometimes working under the pseudonyms Amethyste Rah and Amrita Waterfalls, Cassendre is a prolific producer and award-winning community cultural arts organizer. For more information, please visit the following links:
6 musical CDs: http://cdbaby.com/all/cassendre
2 musical CDs to download: http://tinyurl.com/CXiTunes
Listen to Guided Meditations: http://tinyurl.com/CXMeditations
Official YouTube Channel: http://youtube.com/cassendrexavier
New website coming soon at http://cassendrexavier.com