Soul Mate Attraction for the Rest of Us: Love is Real Meditation
by Cassendre Xavier
At the 9th Black Women's Arts Festival in Philadelphia this past weekend, my workshop partner Kai R. Oceans and I led several audience members in various creative visualization exercises involving attracting the friends, creative collaborators, and romantic companions of their dreams.
One involved reaching across space and time to connect with their soulmates.
I'd like to share some of these concepts and techniques that can assist you in creating a meditation you can use yourself to help prepare your mind, body, and space to receive the kind of company you wish to keep for years and years to come....
Go to a quiet room, where you can be alone for at least 15 minutes and up to 45 minutes or however long feels comfortable and right for you.
Close your eyes. Breathe deeply, softly, and slowly in through your nostrils, and out through your nose or mouth, whichever you prefer. It is more important that the intake of breath be through your nose. Sometimes if you are too hot inside or have high blood pressure or are stressed out it may feel much better to release the air through your mouth. Let it be alright to go with what your body wants!
Meditate on the following as you smile and think about your soulmate(s):
1) Remember that since we are all energy and not matter, and that time does not truly exist, you can begin to communicate with your soulmate(s) now. Talk with him or her, either in your mind or out loud.
2) Remember that soulmates take many forms, not just as lovers. Take time to think about the many people around you whom you love and care for, and who return this love in ways that bring you feelings of comfort, assurance, and happiness.
3) Remember that soulmates can reach across the astral planes, and love and support you from the past, and from the future. If you have a lost a soulmate to death, you can still connect with their spirit, through journaling to yourself, letter writing (to their spirit), meditating on their memory, or just thinking about or even talking with them anytime you want. Remember and know this, and let it bring a wide and happy smile to your face!
4) Remember that your soulmate's spirit is just as happy to hear from and connect with you as you are to do so with your soulmate. Take time to enjoy this good feeling and imagine it growing to become a strong magnetic force in your life.
5) Remember that the best thing to do is to create the life of your dreams right now, as a single persun. Being fully self-expressed, content, and authentic is the only way your soulmate will feel your energy and know how to find you. Your self-contained joy and abundance, rather than lack, is the string of bread crumbs to the life of your dreams, partnered or not. Your happiness is in your control. Knowing you are enough...be happy!
Cassendre Xavier has been writing the "Soulmate Attraction for the Rest of Us" series at Wisdom Magazine's online edition since 2011. She is the author of the forthcoming book Soulmate Attraction for the Rest of Us: Dating & Relationships for the Poly, Recovering, Survivor & Tantric, and has presented her workshop of the same title at Sisterspace Weekend in Darlington, Maryland (September 5-7, 2014) and the 10th Annual Poly Living Conference in Philadelphia 2015 (February 20-22). Cassendre has been living with bipolar depression her whole life, been a member of Philadelphia's LGBT, polyamorous, and New Age communities since 1991, and from 1996-1999 facilitated Sisters Healing Together, a peer support group for women survivors of incest with a special focus on compulsive overeating, which she also founded, at the William Way LGBT Community Center in Philadelphia. Cassendre is the creator of the popular Affirmations for Survivors guided meditation audio series (“Self-Love” and “Spirituality” were released in 2007; “Sexuality” and “Life Skills” are forthcoming later in 2015). For more information, please visit http://cassEndrExavier.com